The Milbank Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at the Duane Liebe residence at 705 South Dakota Street in Milbank on December 29.
When the fire and rescue team arrived on the scene, it was determined the fire was in the attic. Firefighters cut a hole in roof to allow the gases and heat to escape, and to prevent the fire from spreading laterally in the attic. The ceiling was also pulled down to extinguish the flames in the rafter areas. The home was saved with a minimum of smoke and water damage. Firefighters remained on the scene for several hours.