Three Milbank High School gymnasts earned their way to the awards stand during the second day of the State Class A gymnastics meet in Brookings Saturday, February 13.
Senior Natalie Stohr led the way for the Lady Bulldogs with three individual medals. She earned 12th place in the all-around competition with a high score of 33.175. Stohr captured fourth place on vault with a 8.80 and finished ninth overall on the uneven parallel bars with a score of 8.175.
Junior Emma VanVooren landed in 14th place on the balance beam with a 7.90 while freshman Mackenzie Weinkauf tied for 10th place on the floor exercise with a 9.025. The top 20 individuals in each event earn a state medal.
The team completed the second day with a score of 127.90, although team awards were not given.
Following are the scores for the remaining gymnasts from day two:
12. Natalie Stohr, 33.175; Emma VanVooren, 31.525; Mackenzie Weinkauf, 31.375; Jodi DeVaal, 30.675; Brooke Fraasch, 30.325.
Uneven Parallel Bars
9. Natalie Stohr, 8.175; Emma VanVooren, 7.40; Jodi DeVaal, 7.20; Mackenzie Weinkauf, 7.15; Brooke Fraasch, 6.575.
14. Emma VanVooren, 7.90; Natalie Stohr, 7.525; Jodi DeVaal, 7.50; Brooke Fraasch, 7.40; Mackenzie Weinkauf, 7.025.
10. Mackenzie Weinkauf, 9.025; Natalie Stohr, 8.675; Brooke Fraasch, 8.25; Emma VanVooren, 8.20; Jodi DeVaal, 7.775.
4. Natalie Stohr, 8.80; Emily Dornbusch, 8.325; Jodi DeVaal, 8.20; Mackenzie Weinkauf, 8.175; Brooke Fraasch, 8.10; Emma VanVooren, 8.025.
Photos courtesy of South Dakota Public Broadcasting