The Milbank Lady Bulldogs captured third place in the team standings at the Winter Wonderland gymnastics meet in Vermillion Thursday, December 29. The locals tallied 124.05 points in the meet.
Mackenzie Weinkauf and Brooke Fraasch each hit their state qualifying standard on the vault for the second time this season. Weinkauf scored an 8.9 and finished eighth overall while Fraasch scored an 8.6.
Weinkauf also led the team with a sixth place finish in the all-around competition, seventh on the floor exercise and 10th on the balance beam. Fraasch placed 10th in the all-around and floor exercise and ninth on the uneven parallel bars. Also securing a top-10 finish in the meet for the Lady Bulldogs were Dani Yamaura, who took fifth on beam, and Jodi DeVaal, eighth on floor.
Following are the final results from the Winter Wonderland meet in Vermillion:
Britton-Hecla, 128.05; West Central, 124.5; Milbank, 124.05; Sioux Falls Washington, 121.3; Hot Springs, 118.65; Chamberlain, 118.4; Vermillion, 117.4; Wagner, 112.5; Wall-Kadoka, 107.9; Stanley County, 90.85; Montrose, 34.3.
6. Mackenzie Weinkauf, 31.6; 10. Brooke Fraasch, 30.2; Jodi DeVaal, 30.1.
5. Dani Yamaura, 7.9; 10. Mackenzie Weinkauf, 7.6; Jodi DeVaal, 6.65; Tori Hooth, 6.4; Brooke Fraasch, 5.85.
Uneven Parallel Bars
9. Brooke Fraasch, 7.75; Greta Snaza, 7.35; Jodi DeVaal, 7.15; Mackenzie Weinkauf, 6.95; Maddie Gustafson, 6.55.
7. Mackenzie Weinkauf, 8.15; 8. Jodi DeVaal, 8.1; 10. Brooke Fraasch, 8.0; Maddie Gustafson, 7.65; Greta Snaza, 7.35.
8. Mackenzie Weinkauf, 8.9; Brooke Fraasch, 8.6; Tori Hooth, 8.5; Maddie Gustafson, 8.4; Jodi DeVaal, 8.2.
Pictured is Mackenzie Weinkauf warming up her jumps on the floor exercise during practice.