The Milbank School District Board of Education approved the opening of the OST summer program on Monday, June 15, at Koch School. According to Mary Kinder, OST Director, COVID-19 guidelines include:
1. Temperatures of the staff and students will be taken upon arrival each day.
2. No parents or other adults are allowed in the building.
3. Masks will be worn in the hallways when transitioning from rooms, but will not be worn in the classrooms or outdoors.
4. Handwashing will be emphasized and hand sanitizer will be available.
5. Students will be divided into two groups and will attend two days per week. The ratio will be one adult per eight students. Each group will use its own classroom and stay in that group with the same adult all day. Lunch will be eaten in the classroom or outdoors.
Families with two or more students will attend Monday and Wednesday and single-student families will attend Tuesday and Thursday from 7:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Fridays will be available for working parents.
“We will do some heavy training of staff and education of the students about social distancing, handwashing, and using sanitizer,” said Kinder. “This is also a great time to educate the students about pandemics.”