Jeff Jones was revealed as the Mystery Snowman during the 2021 Snow Queen Festival sponsored by The Valley Express on Saturday, November 20. Carol Kirchberg was the first person to submit Jeff’s name. She entered the correct guess at 9:45pm on November 19. Carol is the winner of two tickets to see Elton John in concert on his Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour in Fargo.
Carol won the tickets by deciphering these clues about Jeff:
Clue No. 1– I have lived in four different states.
- Jeff says, “I’ve lived in South Dakota and Minnesota, where I attended kindergarten (see Clue No. 3). I also lived in Wyoming after college and in Colorado for nine years before I returned to Milbank.
Clue No. 2– Piano and dance were a part of my childhood.
- I took five years of piano lessons from Ruth Modin (never got passed beginner book) and took tap dance lessons with four other guys from Donna Gruenwald.
Clue No. 3– I’m a Milbank High School graduate, but I did not spend all my school years here.
- I attended kindergarten in Cokato, Minnesota.
Clue No. 4– I am currently employed by a company in the same town as my birthplace.
- I am a Business Development Manager for Risk Administration Services. Their home office is in Sioux Falls.
Clue No. 5– I have spent 30 years paying for college.
- I have been on the Milbank High School Educational Foundation for 26 years. Plus, I paid for four years of my college education.
- The Milbank High School Educational Foundation was chartered as a non-profit corporation by the State of South Dakota on June 9, 1986. The impetus for the creation of the foundation came from a group of public-spirited Milbank business people. All gifts to the Milbank Educational Foundation are tax deductible and will not only promote the purpose of the foundation, but can reduce the donor’s income tax liability.
Clue No. 6– My son is following in my footsteps. 1. Jeff’s son, Adam Jones, opened Insurance Plus on Main Street in Milbank in 2020.
Clue No. 7– A lot of people are saying I’m just make-believe. Although I am magic, I can insure you I am absolutely real!