Coach Eric Townsend, head coach of the Milbank Bulldogs cross country team, reminds runners that fall is just around the corner. Townsend says, “I hope everyone has had a great summer and is ready for a great 2023 season! It is hard to believe, but we are about one week until the official start of the 2023 season. This is the information about the first days of practice and the practice schedule for all boys and girls in grades 7-12.
August 10 – Thursday – 8 a.m. First practice at MHS.
August 10 – Thursday — After Practice – Grades 7, 9, 11: ImPact Testing at MHS.
August 10 – Thursday – 9 p.m. Flashlight Relay at the track.August 10 – All physicals need to be completed.
August 11 – Friday – 8 a.m. Practice at MHS. August 14 -Monday – 8 a.m. Practice at MHS.
August 14 – Monday – 7 p.m. Cross Country Parent and Athlete meeting at MHS.
August 15 – Tuesday – 8 a.m. Practice at MHS.
August 16 – Wednesday – 3:30 p.m. First day of school – Normal practice time after school.
August 18-19 – Friday-Saturday –Camp Fun at Abbey of the Hills—Leave at 4 p.m. on Friday/ Leave at 4 p.m. on Saturday. More info to come!
Reminders and Important Info:
1. Please make sure all physicals have been taken care of prior to August 10. All athletes need a physical prior to being allowed to practice. NO PHYSICAL = NO PRACTICE.
2. Also, every athlete in grades 7, 9, 11, and anyone who did not take it last year, will need to take the ImPACT test (concussion test). The scheduled time for Cross Country is after the first practice on August 10 .
3. These things are different than in past years — Several school athletic forms will be completed online. More information to come! There will be no all-school parent-athlete meeting. Instead, we will have an individual 2023 cross country parent and athlete meeting on Monday, August 14 at 7 pm. at MHS.
4. Date for Team CC Photos TBD
5. Spread the word to others who might be interested in joining the 2023 Cross Country team.
6. Keep or start running on your own these last couple of weeks prior to August 10.