The Milbank Fire Department and the Revillo Fire Department responded to a call for help on Sunday, March 5, at 12:03 p.m. Trucks were dispatched to 14572 179th Street, south of Revillo to the home of June Giossi.
June’s son, Dakota, was cutting with a torch when fire started in the grass. “The fire got away from him, making its way to the grass in a nearby field and stored debris pile,” explained Milbank Fire Chief Kevin Schuelke. “We were on the scene for about an hour.”
The cause of the fire was due to sparks and extreme dry vegetation with no snow cover. “Please be careful, especially with high spring winds and dry conditions,” warned Schuelke.