Milbank Fire Department Responds to Grease Fire
Local News August 14, 2017 Staff Writer 0
The Milbank Fire and Rescue Department responded to a fire call Tuesday, August 8, at the Milbank Mall. A grease fire started in the kitchen at Guadalupe’s Restaurant.
Gudalupe’s owner, Esther Ramirez, said, “I went to deliver an order to guests in the restaurant. It was such a short time, but when I got back to the kitchen, fire had broken out. I had been making beans all day, and some sauce must have fallen into the grease. It was a small accident and scary, but nobody got hurt.”
“Esther quickly used what she learned about grease fires from our National Night Out event,” reported Milbank Fire Chief Kevin Schuelke. “She used the extinguisher instead of dumping water on the fire.” The fire was out before the firemen reached the scene.
No comments so far.
Be first to leave comment below.