Grant County Combined Appeal Begins Blitz
Local News September 24, 2018 Staff Writer 0
The 2018 Grant County Combined Appeal season starts this Wednesday, September 26. According to Craig Wellnitz, Milbank Community Foundation Director, members of the 17 agencies who benefit from the campaign will pair up with MHS juniors and seniors to visit local businesses from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. The groups will drop off posters and pick up any donations that are ready.
Every year, GCCA relies on the generosity of local residents and businesses, and every year the community has come through for them. The goal for this season is $185,100, so everyone at GCCA is hoping people will open their doors, their hearts, and their pocketbooks.
GCCA’s motto is: People helping people. Lives change when community cares; lives change when you care. This year’s campaign aims to improve health and human service, education, and youth development across Grant County.
Organizations to benefit from the funds raised include:
1. Grant County Child Protection Team
2. Grant County Heart and Diabetes Fund
3. Milbank Ball Diamond Association
4. The Salvation Army
5. Unity Square Financial Scholarship Program
6. Grant County ARC
7. Inter-Lakes Community Action (ICAP)
8. NEGL Red Cross
9. Milbank Boy Scout Troop #45
10. Big Stone City School OST Program
11. ICAP 60’s- Plus Dinner Program
12. Imagination Library
13. Milbank Area Lions Swim Team (MALST)
14. Milbank High School Clay Target Team
15. Milbank Area Community Tennis Association (MACTA)
16. Unity Square Recreation Program
17. Milbank Community Transit
No comments so far.
Be first to leave comment below.