The Grant County Public Library in Milbank and its three branches — Big Stone City, Revillo, and Strandburg— are closed until re-evaluation on April 11. Staff remain at the libraries to answer questions, offer curbside pickup of materials, and delivery when possible. The book drops remain open. Check out a book online by following the directions below.
In Milbank, the librarians are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 605.432.6543 with questions or call in a book list to be delivered to the parking lot. The library catalog is available online at grantcountlibrary.com. The library’s Wi-Fi can also be accessed from the parking lot. Many online electronic resources (databases) are available through the South Dakota State Library https://library.sd.gov
Contact the branch libraries at:
Janelle at the Big Stone City Branch – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yvette at the Revillo Branch – email@example.com.
Tammy Rufer at the Strandburg Branch – firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Check Out a Book Online
Grant County Library cardholders have free access to eBooks and audio books through Libby/Overdrive from SD Titles to Go. This is what you do:
1, Go to the Grant County Library website: grantcountylibrary.com
2. Click on the icon SD Titles to Go.
3. Browse the selection.
4. Begin to check out your selection by choosing Grant County Library from the list of South Dakota libraries.
5. Enter your library card in the next line.
6. Enter your password/pin in the next line. (If this is your first time signing in, your password is userpass.)
7. Borrow your eBooks or audio books from Libby/Overdrive for 7, 14 or 21 days.
8. If an item is already checked out, you can place a hold. You will be notified when it becomes available.
The Libby app works on all phones, tablets, and computers. If you have a Kindle you must use the Overdrive app and have your active Amazon account open.
There is a help page on the SD Titles to Go page or call the Grant County Public Library at 605-432-6543.