The South Dakota Department of Health reported this morning two positive cases of COVID-19 in Grant County. To date, the results of 55 tests have been reported by the state, 53 returning negative.
According to a statement issued by the City of Milbank, local officials were first notified of the positive cases this morning. The South Dakota Department of Health is currently tracing the cases to locate other areas of possible transmission.
On April 24, the first case of COVID-19 was reported in Ortonville.
Residents are encourage to continue following CDC guidelines to help minimize the spread.
- If you are out in public, wear a mask.
- Use the hand sanitizer that businesses have provided for you,
- Wipe down your shopping cart before and after you use it,
- NO gathering of groups of 10 or more,
- Wash your hands with soap and water after being out,
- and most importantly if you are not feeling well stay home and self-isolate.
This is a developing story and will continue to be updated throughout the day.