Graduates of the MHS Class of 2020 will celebrate by cruising through Milbank on Sunday, June 14. The parade will follow a drive-through ceremony in the school parking lot beginning at 2 p.m. The parade route will go down 10th Avenue to South Main Street, through Main Street, down Diggs Avenue, and end at Lake Farley. The Milbank Police Department will lead the parade.
Ceremony preparation instructions for graduates and their families:
1. One vehicle only per graduate. Someone other than the graduate should drive the vehicle. All guests are asked to stay in their vehicles. One guest is allowed to exit to take photos.
2. Student arrival times are Anderson – Hoeke, 1:30 p.m.; Holtquist – Paysen, 1:40 p.m.; Peschong – Yamaura, 1:50 p.m.
3. All seniors are eligible to participate in the ceremony. Students who have completed the requirements will receive a diploma.
4. No jeans or tennis shoes.
5. The event will be streamed on KMSD radio. There will be no class speakers or music.
Ceremony instructions include:
1. Staff members will serve as parking lot ushers.
2. Ushers will direct each row of vehicles to the stage.
3. Upon reaching the stage, the graduate will walk up the stage, receive a diploma, and exit on the opposite side to get back into their vehicle.
4. The vehicle will then drive around the perimeter of the parking lot to its original parking spot and remain there until the ceremony is over.