Mail Your Letter to Santa at the Grant County Library
Hey kids, it’s time to get out your pencils or crayons and write your letter to Santa. This year, Santa might even reply. From November 27 until December 15, mail your letter in the dropbox on the west side of the library.  Add your name and return mailing address,... Read more
Jeff Jones Revealed as  Mystery Snowman
Jeff Jones was revealed as the Mystery Snowman during the 2021 Snow Queen Festival sponsored by The Valley Express on Saturday, November 20. Carol Kirchberg was the first person to submit Jeff’s name. She entered the correct guess at 9:45pm on November 19. Carol is the winner of two... Read more
MHS Musicians to Perform in Honor Band
The 30th Annual South Dakota North Area Honor Band will present their concert on Saturday, December 4.  The event will be held at the Johnson Fine Arts Center on the campus of Northern State University in Aberdeen. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students in grades 1-12.   Dr. Rolf Olson, who is the director of bands, professor of trumpet,... Read more
Mystery Snowman Clue # 6 and #7 Win Elton John Tickets!
Mystery Snowman Final Clues — Win Elton John Tickets!It’s Day Five of The Valley Express and Snow Queen Festival Mystery Snowman game and “the sun is about to go down on me.” No one has guessed my name! “Though I search myself, it’s always someone else you see.”   Please, take these... Read more
Mystery Snowman Clue # 3 and #4 to Win Elton John Tickets!
Mystery Snowman Clue # 3 Plus a Bonus – Win Elton John Tickets!It’s Day Three of the Valley Express and Snow Queen Festival Mystery Snowman game.  Lots of good guesses came pouring in last night, but It looks like I might still have the wool pulled over your eyes. So,... Read more
Grant County 4-H Members and Volunteers Honored
Grant County 4-H members and volunteers were honored for their outstanding accomplishments on Sunday, November 7. The annual event was held at the Milbank High School. Bailey Schwagel received the Kay Wolff Youth-in-Action award, which goes to a member based on their participation in Youth-in-Action activities at a local,... Read more
Grabow and Monroy Place Second at Brookings Debate Tournament
MHS novice debaters have compiled winning records after opening their 2021-22 season last week. Brookings held the first novice tournament of the season on Tuesday, November 2. The team of Gregory Grabow and Camila Camila Monroy went 3-0 and placed second out of 36 teams. The teams of Qualon Grant and Shane... Read more
NOTICE: Alternate Dates Announced for Senior Food Box Drive-Thru
Due to the possibility of stormy weather on Friday, November 11, the Grant County Christian Service Council announced two dates for the Senior Box & Holiday Gift Drive-Thru. The event will go ahead as planned on Friday, November 12, from 9 -10 a.m., but the council will also hold... Read more
Milbank Fan Bus Going to Football Championship
Students and adult Bulldog fans can catch the bus to South Dakota’s Class A football championship game on Friday, November 12. The game starts at 2 p.m. at the DakotaDome on the campus of USD in Vermillion.  The Bulldogs take on Madison in the ultimate Battle of the Bulldogs!... Read more
Library Looking for World War I Items and Photos for Display
Veterans Day is coming soon. It’s a reminder to thank our vets, not only on November 11, but every day. This year, the Grant County Public Library is mounting a display in honor of World War I veterans. The display will showcase photos, memorabilia, and books from that time.  Librarian... Read more