Michels, Dragt, Kasuske and Hagen Receive First Bank & Trust Scholarships
First Bank & Trust awarded $500 scholarships to four area students. The recipients were Keaton Hagen, Kylie Kasuske, Cassandra Dragt, and Abigail Michels. Scholarship winners must be outstanding scholars, as well as contributors to their communities. Keaton, son of Vince and Mary Hagen, plans to attend Northern State University... Read more
Charlie Trapp Cancer Benefit This Saturday
A Chicken Drop fundraiser to benefit Charlie Trapp will be held on Saturday, June 29, at Speedway in Milbank. The first chicken drop will be at 5 p.m. and a freewill meal of pork loin begins at 5:30 p.m. Tickets for the chicken drop are $10 and available in... Read more
Additional Funds Presented to The Cancer Walk Committee
Core committee members and teams captains of “It only takes a Spark Cancer Walk met for an awards ceremony on Monday, June 24 at the Milbank Visitors Center. Those receiving awards were: Year Round Fundraiser–VFW Walking Warriors Top Non-corporate Fundraiser–Bulldogs Fighting Cancer Top Corporate Fundraiser–United Hardware United Pride Spirit... Read more
Reading Rocks Hidden All Around Milbank
Hi, kids. I’m a reading rock and I’m lost. My buddies are lost, too. The Friends of the Grant County Library have hidden us all over Milbank. Keep your eyes open or go exploring, because you never know where you might find me or one of my friends. If... Read more
Open House 50th Wedding Anniversary Honoring Mick and Linda Redmond
The family of Mick and Linda Redmond will host a 50th wedding anniversary open house on Saturday, June 15. The Golden Wedding celebration takes place from 6-9 p.m. on the patio at Speedway in downtown Milbank. All friends and family are invited. The Redmonds were married on June 14,... Read more
Opening Running Scheduled Twice a Week
Open running for all ages is scheduled Monday and Thursday evenings in June. Beginners to serious runners are welcome. Interested? Meet in front of Milbank High School at 8 p.m. on Monday or Thursday. Read more
Valley Baptist to Host Vacation Bible School with Suppers
The Incredible Race is the theme for Vacation Bible School at Valley Baptist Church in Milbank. Everyone is invited to join together for supper on Monday, June 24, through Friday, June 28, at 5:30 p.m. at the church. The Bible school classes follow from 6-8 p.m. for kids ages... Read more
Milbank Farmer’s Market Opens Tuesday
Do you want homemade treats, but not the long hours in the kitchen? The Milbank Farmer’s Market has done the work for you. They make all your dreams of homemade goodies just a walk in the park. The market opens for the season this Tuesday evening from 4 –... Read more
Winners Named in Unity Square Triathlon
Eight youth took part in the Fourth Annual Unity Square Kids Triathlon on May 23. The event consisted of a 100-yard swim, a 1.8 mile bike ride, and an 800-meter run. Unity Square sponsored the event and the Milbank Kiwanis Club assisted.   Official results with times listed: Age... Read more
Koch School 5th Graders Receive Presidential Academic Awards
Koch Elementary School Principal Amy Brandriet announced the names of 23 students chosen for Presidential Academic Achievement Awards. The awards, part of the President’s Education Awards Program (PEAP), are presented on behalf of the President of the United States and the U. S. Secretary of Education. PEAP was founded... Read more